Along with garlic, onion is considered as one of the healthiest vegetables in the world, because it has numerous different health benefits.
Onion is a rich source of vitamin B6, C, manganese and dietary fiber. In this article, we will present you why onion is so beneficial for your overall health.
Health Benefits of Onions
- Onions have the ability to kill bacteria and germs due to their antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Due to vitamin C content as well as the presence of phytochemicals, onions can improve the immune system.
- Onions also contain chromium which has the ability to regulate blood sugar.
- It is also able to heal infections and reduce inflammation.
- You should definitely use the bright green tops of green onions since they are a rich source of vitamin A.
- The consumption of raw onion will reduce the production of bad cholesterol and as a result of that, it will keep your heart healthy.
- Onion can also prevent cancer due to its powerful compound called quercetin.
- If you have a sting from a honey bee, you should definitely use onion to relieve the pain and burning sensation.
- Due to the fact that onion scavenges free radicals, it can help you lower the risk of gastric ulcers.
Why to Put Onions in Socks before Bedtime?
Even though onions have the ability to treat numerous different health conditions, today we will present you in which way you can use onions to expel toxins from your organism.
Onion is considered as an excellent air purifier, which means that its topical application will kill all bacteria and germs.
The phosphoric acid contained in onions will enter your blood and in this way it will purify as well as destroy any germs and bacteria present which might give you the flu.
In order to perform the treatment well and get the best effects, you need to put onion slices at the bottom of your feet. This particular area of your feet contains meridians which are access points directly connected to your internal organs. There meridians actually work as pathways to the nervous system and your internal organs as well.
Due to the fact that wearing shoes makes your meridians dormant, you should walk barefoot as much as you can.
How to Do it Properly
All you have to do is to cut the onions into slices, but make sure they are flat circles which will act as a platform to your entire feet. After that, take one large slice and put it on the bottom of each foot. After that, put on cotton socks. Make sure to perform this method prior sleeping so that the onions can act during the night.
Benefits of Putting Onions on the Bottom of Your Feet
- Due to its phosphoric acid, which gets absorbed through the skin, onion will help you purify your blood.
- Thanks to its antiviral and antibacterial properties, onion has the ability to destroy germs.
- Air purification